Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pop-Up Graduation Card

I caught up with my music teacher from jr. high on Facebook (don't you just love it there?!) and she asked me to make a special card for her son's high school graduation.  She said he loves guitars and his favorite color is red.  She also sent a picture of him playing a guitar from his music video.

What a fun project!  I knew I wanted to go 3D in some way to make all the elements fit.  Here's how it turned out...

I hand-cut this hat and used the tassel from the Wild Card Cricut cartridge.


I found this guitar image online and then cut it out by hand (using VERY small scissors and watching my favorite reality TV show).  I also used a needle and thread to add strings and finished it off with brads.



I had a lot of fun with this piece and am really happy with the way it turned out.
My teacher and her son loved the card and that is the best part of doing any project!!

2 comments:

Kate said...

WOW I love this CARD. Really Nice Gen.

Genevieve said...

Thanks!!! It took about 4 hours total, but I'm really happy with it. :)