Monday, March 15, 2010

I Think, Therefore I Scrap.


One of the things I like most about making cards is that the themes are unlimited!  I find that happening often as I become a more "experienced" crafter. 

A few years ago, if my hubby had come to me one night and said:

"My buddy at work is having a birthday in two days.  Can you make him a special card?  He's a philosophy major and loves Descartes.  Go!"

I would have had a panic attack and threw together a birthday card featuring a duck and some left over glitter.

This time, however, I went with it.  I took a few minutes to think about what I wanted and made it happen (vs. making something happen around what I had on hand).  I'm totally into printing my own papers and images now and it has really expanded my creativity.

This card in particular, features Descartes (I think, therefore I am) and I did a play on it with this birthday greeting:


 



He took it into work last week and everyone went nuts over it (I love it so much when that happens.  It makes me feel all warm and squishy inside), so I decided to list it in my various stores as well. 
Wish me luck!  :)

6 comments:

Axa said...

I love it!

Genevieve said...

Thanks so much!! :)

SusieJ said...

Fabulous card Gen!
Sue xx

Genevieve said...

LOL! So glad you like it, Sue ~ especially since you're also a reader (nothin' beats a good book!)

HUGS!
Gen

Sandy said...

Not only is this card beautiful the sentiment is totally rad!!!! Love it...so if i don't think it is my bday....hmmmmmmmm i think I have fiqured out this fountain of youth thing....lol

Genevieve said...

Awwwwwwwww, thanks Sandy! So glad you like it!

I would trade the fountain of youth right now for a fountain of energy though...