Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Springtime

A breath of fresh air throughout the city and children coming outside to play after school each day - must be Spring!

I wanted to celebrate the season with some fun, happy cards.  Springtime means color, new life and joy.  I made this cute ducky card for my sister using some adorable paper from October Afternoon.


I love this paper!  The houndstooth pattern is the backside of the duck print.  I used some Thickers to spell out "Spring"and then topped it off with some Vintage ribbon and flowers.

Then I thought, why stop there?  Any cheerful pattern will make a fun Spring greeting!


I used the same card layout design to make this polka dot piece.  I really enjoy working with monotones, so I used the teal blue for the top of the card, along with the lettering.

This one is available at my Bella Stitchery ArtFire shop and is fully embellished inside as well.

Hope you enjoy the season and take time to enjoy the delights of handmade!

xoxo
Genevieve




No comments: